As part of our series "Tell us your story", we encouraged senior talents to share their knowledge with us. Here’s one story:
Peter, 73, lives in Vienna. According to his Facebook profile, his background is a colourful one: he has travelled the world and learned their languages. And now? He is looking for another challenge.
1. The best thing about my age is…
...it’s been great for my generation. No war, no hunger, good education, a technical revolution and we will no longer experience any of the things previously mentioned, like war or hunger.
2. What would my best friend say about me?
3. What is the best investment you have ever made - financially, in terms of time or relationship?
Learning my profession.
4. What mistake has brought you forward in your life?
I would do it all over again… I wouldn’t change a thing.
5. When did you learn to say no?
On the job.
6. If money was not an issue, what would you do?
I would make education available to street children in Morocco.
7. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self?
Nothing really. You have to develop yourself - which I did.
8. What is the worst advice you have ever received in a professional context?
To be authoritarian... That didn’t last long.
9. And the best?
Be Primus inter Pares.
10. Which challenge are you currently looking forward to the most?
I am still looking for a new challenge at 73.